Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Mother's Day gift.

I was trying to think of THE best mother's day gift last week. Something that I could give my mom but something that I would really want. I happen to be 'thinking' this over as I was running between taking Aubrey to piano lessons and taking Andrew to a friends house, all the while dealing with a hungry Adam, which if you know him, is NOT a good thing. But let me back up, I love working. I love being in an office environment, getting dressed up and interacting with people. But for a lot of different reasons I decided to Stay at home full-time. So with that decision running through my head and with all the running around I thought to myself "I wonder if my kids will ever know what I gave up for them. Will they ever know how much I love them and how much I did for them?"
DING-DING!!! I had my answer for the perfect Mother's Day gift. And so I told my mom that her gift was the fact that... I know. Not only do I know but I am so thankful. I finally see what my mom did for me. What she taught me and what she gave me. And I am thankful for all the things I never said thank-you for.
And THAT would be the best Mother's day gift I could ever receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment